CIRIEC-Spain and CIRIEC-International invite the global community to what is expected to be the biggest event in the public, social and cooperative economy this year, the 33rd CIRIEC International Congress, to be held in Valencia from 13 to 15 June 2022.
The Congress is aimed at managers of public and social enterprises worldwide, representatives of the economic and social world, cooperative and social economy leaders, trade unionists, politicians, professionals and scientists. The inaugural conference of the Congress will be given by Paul Krugman, winner of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Economics, and the closing conference will be given by Mariana Mazzucato.
The organizers invite the university researchers or those of specialized research centres to take part in the congress through communications’ abstracts proposals in the framework of the congress general theme or sub-themes:
- New global dynamics of the public economy and the social economy in the post-Covid era
- Support the welfare state: social and health services, employment and pensions
- The new entrepreneurial state and the new modes of governance
- Co-construction of local and territorial development: urban planning, depopulation, housing and sustainable mobility
- Fair ecological transition and circular economy
- New partnerships between the public economy and the social economy and new public policies
- The social economy and the public economy in the face of growing inequalities.
- Essential public services: energy, transport and water
- Innovations and innovation systems of the public, social and cooperative economy
- Organizational and action changes in the social economy and the public economy in the digital age
Abstracts: Abstracts should be between 250 and 400 words and include a bibliography. They may be written in Spanish, English, French or German and must be submitted by 31 January 2022.
The deadline for submission of full texts of papers is 20 April.
The congress will take place at the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía, in the City of Arts and Sciences of Valencia (www.lesarts.com/en/).